Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What I Ate for Thanksgiving

On our way out of Austin on Tuesday we drove through Wendy's and got a light lunch. I had a baked potato. We snacked on Yogurt Burst Cheerios while we were on the road. When we got to my mom's we had a cookie and dropped off the boys. Then Mat and I went to the Kyoto Japanese Steak House in Rockwall and had sushi for dinner. It wasn't bad. Then we went to Plano and saw the movie "No Country for Old Men." I don't think we ate anything there surprisingly. Wednesday morning I ate more cheerios, we went shopping for awhile, and then had Mexican food (tacos) at a place called Cristina's at Fire Wheel Mall which is (I think) in Garland. Wednesday afternoon I ate some of this delicious pecan pie/cookie thing that my mom made. Wednesday night we went to Dallas and had a traditional Thanksgiving meal at Mat's Aunt Margie's house. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, some other stuff I didn't try, and a delicious mango jello mold dish followed by pecan pie.

Thursday morning we drove to Sherman to have a non-traditional Thanksgiving brunch with my mom's family. Lots of yummy casseroles, pastries, ham, a variety of granola and yogurt, pies, and more. Thursday afternoon we drove out to Mat's mom's lakehouse in East Texas and had another turkey dinner topped off with chocolate pie. Friday morning...um...let me think...oh yeah, donuts. For lunch I had leftovers and cheesecake. After lunch we went out to the Christmas tree farm and cut down a tree. We worked off a few calories walking around out there, but not many. We also had some hot cider at the farm.

Friday night Mat's Aunt Susan and I were in charge of dinner and we made Mexican food with tortilla soup, quesadillas, pulled pork, refried beans, black beans, Spanish rice, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, tortillas, salsa, chips, pico, etc, etc, etc. Sounds like a lot, but it was all really easy except the soup which I think Sue spent a lot of time on. It was very, very good. What am I forgetting? Dessert. Hmmm. Well, we opened our Christmas presents and stockings and ate some chocolate. Surely I had more sweets, but I can't remember.

Saturday morning...eggs with sausage and leftover rolls with jelly. Lunch...buffet of snacks including baked brie (two kinds), crackers and spreads, chips and dips, leftovers, shrimp gumbo, and pie. Snack...Christmas cookies with cream cheese icing. Dinner...BBQ ribs and chicken, pinto beans, corn casserole, garlic bread, chocolate chip cookies, and more Christmas cookies. Sunday morning...cereal and one more cookie for the road. Sunday lunch...blackened Tilapia at Razzoo's in Mesquite on the way home. (We stopped to see my sister Becky who has just returned from Spain.) Sunday supper...Wendy's again. I got a salad. It was pretty gross. Sunday night...more chocolates from my stocking.

I'm on a diet.

4 comments:

becky

And to think I felt bad for leaving you no food in the fridge!!

twarpula

Beth I almost thought you were pregnant! LOL!
Tanya

CM

I was on a very similar Thanksgiving weekend diet! How's it been working for you? :)

Beth Hames

I only look pregnant, but it's just a food baby. I'm easing into the diet. No food after dinner and all candy must be consumed while standing up. (Dark chocolate is good for you, right?) It's hard to go cold turkey after a binge like that.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP