Sunday, February 3, 2008

Jackson's Birthday - Part 1: The Cake

For me, the best part of Jackson's birthday was that the cake did not look like a total blob of goo.



Because, as many of you know, I do not have an immaculate track record when it comes to birthday cakes. (I searched for the picture of Jackson's first birthday cake after it slid off the counter onto the floor, but I couldn't find it. I think we only have videotape of that little episode.)

I'd like to give a shout out to my mom who talked me out of buying a Thomas cake and came down to Austin to help me make this one and a million cupcakes instead. Yeah us!



Here is my other "helper" who got into the trash while my back was turned.



While I couldn't find a picture of the ill-fated cake, I did find this picture from Jackson's first birthday party. He was such a sweet boy then...and still is now. Happy Birthday Jackson!!



3 comments:

becky

It turned out great! Luke looks like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar! Lucy helped me eat the cupcake you sent...delish!

twarpula

Wow! I'm impressed. Its almost like Jonna came over and made it! You know how good she is with a cake. LOL! Glad it didn't slip off the counter this time. You guys have the funniest stories. -tanya

Jessica

Love the cake! You did a great job! And so brave with all that blue icing!!!! Sorry we couldn't make it to the party. Maybe next year when little Em(she has lots of nicknames)isn't so new!!!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP