Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm a Failure

This morning at breakfast Lukey said, "Tee-tee really feels kind of like...warm." At that moment I was disgusted, but relieved that he was wearing a Pull-Up. About 2 minutes later he said, "Mommy! Why are my feet all wet?" At THAT moment I was disgusted and highly irritated that the Pull-Up did not do the job that I paid it to do!

I don't know why I can't get a 3-year-old boy who communicates so well to tell me when he has to go to the bathroom. And you may be thinking, "Oh, well you just need to take him to the bathroom all the time since he won't tell you when he needs to go." To which I would reply, "I have done that and he cries and screams and has a tantrum when I take him to the bathroom for #1, and he won't go."

On Friday I took him to the toy store to pick out a big boy bike, and I told him that I would buy it for him when he starts wearing underwear. After riding it all around the store he told me that he really didn't want it. He also doesn't care about receiving candy or treats for going to the bathroom. He's not bothered by the fact that he has much younger friends who are already potty-trained. And this is the one and only thing that Jackson does that he doesn't want to copy! Dr. Patil said we should have him wear underwear inside the Pull-Up, so we're going to try that strategy this week.

Don't worry, btw. If you come to my house to eat, I will make sure you don't have to sit in Luke's chair.

6 comments:

Jessica

Maybe if we could get our boys together they could talk it over and convence each other that #1 or in Cohen's case#2 ain't so bad in the potty! The bribing of ice cream and now a buzz lightyear toy are not working for us either;) Strong willed little boys...got love them!

Annette

Maybe it is time to chan ge to Depends. Just teasing, he will be embarassed to wear them to kindergarten.

Unknown

But, it makes him feel warm!

David

Have you tried rubbing his nose in it?

twarpula

oh girl I am shocked because we've not talked about this yet and I feel as though Luke is an entire yr older than Cooper! He is so much more mature anyways. Ok so our problem has been putting #2 int he potty. (see examples on my FB pictures, really its pretty gross) He's been putting pee in since March with no issues. Good grief, it feels like a never ending battle. Glad to know its not only us!

B.R.MEGHWAL

Its really warm feeling effect

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP