Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Anyone still out there?

Well hello there. I'm beginning the long road to catching up. I wanted to post some of Jackson's soccer pictures before launching into Halloween and the holidays. We started out the season practicing in some of the hottest weather you can imagine. There was not a lick of shade to be found anywhere. It was completely miserable for everyone. I couldn't even bring myself to visit with the other parents because it took all the energy I had in my body just to stay alive in that heat. I was really questioning what we had gotten ourselves into. But enough about me. Jackson was having fun. He had his worried face on the first few games as he tried to figure everything out, but eventually he relaxed and started enjoying it.







Jackson had a lot of really good players on his team. He would brag loudly about winning after every game. They finally lost one game and instead of his normal bragging he just got in the car and said something nonchalant like, "We didn't really lose because you're not supposed to keep score anyway." I'm glad he got to experience both winning and losing during the season.





The practices were a challenge because they started at 6:00 on Mondays which is exactly when I usually get home from work. So our routine was non-existent and we never could really figure out when to eat dinner. We all enjoyed the games quite a bit, though. The weather changed eventually and we played some games in the rain, some in the cold, but most were just lovely.






He had a fun season with a great coach. I have to give a big thank you to Steve and Wendy (Granddad and Gammo) for coming to two of the games, and to our babysitter Amy for coming once. It made him feel SO special to have them there cheering him on. He's going to play soccer again this spring, so the rest of the fam will have another chance to see him in action.

4 comments:

Jessica

I'm here;) Way to go Jackson!!

Murrie

Cute picture of you and the boys. And yes!!! I'm here too!

CM

I'm still here! Love your description of being hot at the soccer fields. You are a good mama! And your boys are just so dang handsome!!

David

It's about time. I've been checking off and on the past few months. Enjoy your time with the sports and activities. We got a little bad news this weekend. Rob tried out for the high school baseball team and didn't make it. I think I'm taking it harder than anybody else. It kind of seems like the end of a stage for him. He's played baseball for the last 10 years. Enjoy having to figure out how you're going to leave work early to sweat in the sun and get a sunburn. Not to mention how you're going to pay for all the sports and activities. Enjoy because before you know this stage will be gone.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP