Friday, September 28, 2007

Long time no post

Wow, it's been a busy couple of weeks. Fortunately, my parents came to town this weekend to babysit the boys so we could have a little bit of freedom to do our own thing for a few days. Today, we took the day off work and went to IKEA for the first time. That place is HUGE! At some point I was reminded of that scene in Idiocracy where they're walking through a giant COSTCO in the year 2505 and one of the characters explains that the aisle they're trying to get to is only about another hour up ahead. It was fun, though, and we went to El Chile for lunch - yum.

This evening my mom cooked my favorite meal, and then we went to see 3:10 to Yuma with our friends Thomas and Doreen. The movie was awesome! Highly recommend it. It was cool to hang out and talk after the movie, too. Usually when we have a regular babysitter and go to the movies we race home afterwards because I start hearing that cash register sound effect in my head over and over. Cha-ching!

Tomorrow they are going to watch the boys in the morning while we clean out the garage. I have to admit that I'm having a little anxiety about our upcoming garage sale that we're having at our house with our church friends. The thought of Beth Fuston (a professional organizer) spending the morning in our garage is a little unsettling. :-) I've got two weeks to get it fixed up.

That's all for now...

2 comments:

CM

Sounds like you're having a fun couple of days (minus the garage cleaning)! IKEA is fun and completely overwhelming. But you gotta love those prices!

jonna

Sounds like a terrific week. Kidless fun and food!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP