Sunday, April 6, 2008

Last Week in H-town

This is before the screening of FG at the hotel. We are standing with Cara (our producer), her boyfriend Travis, and George Sledge who co-directed the film with Mat.



As we were walking to the theater, we were mobbed by several hundred well-dressed teenagers who were walking the other direction. It was kind of weird.



The ranchers from the Waco-area talking in the Green Room before the event.



Mat, George, and Mr. R. (Cara and I got to be in a picture with him, too, but I don't have it on my camera.)



Checking out the stage before the event. This theater is huge. It's the home of the Houston opera and ballet.





The panel: RR, rancher, Mat, former mayor of Big D, mayor of H-town, big-time lawyer, president of giant oil company, environmentalist.



Hanging out after the screening.



Times like this make all the hard work worth it. It was fun.

(To clarify a couple of things...I am just now posting this because after the screening we got quite of bit of press. There was even an article in the New York Times yesterday, and we've had 35 requests for additional screenings just since that article was released. So we have to make sure that when people google the name of the film or Mat's name or anyone else involved with the film they are directed to the film's website and not this blog! So that's the reason I'm using initials and things rather than complete names.)

5 comments:

Jessica

This is soo great! I am proud to have such talented friends...Love the little lady-like leg lift in the first pic!!!

CM

WOW!!! You guys are big time, I am really impressed, congrats! And you didn't tell us that Robert R. (do I need to use initials in the blog comments?) was involved in your trip to Houston. You have a super glamorous job and I am not a bit ashamed to say I am jealous.

PS - you and Mat clean up real nice! :)

twarpula

Wow Beth that's so exciting. You all look great!! You can be our "famous" friends! LOL~ Tanya

Andrea

We're so happy for you! You didn't explain how big of a deal the weekend in Houston was - congratulations on your success! I'm off to check out the alpheus site...

becky

That's cool...I love his salad dressings too!

j/k! It's awesometime...I want to see it!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP