Sunday, June 24, 2007

Colorado, Part Two

We are on our way home. I'm writing from a hotel room in Amarillo on Saturday night. The boys did much better on the road this time than they did on the way last week. I'll post more pics when we get home, but here are some more highlights from the trip:

- I took Jackson on a hike to Copeland Falls on Wednesday. I let him take his shoes and socks off and put his feet in the ice cold water. Of course, he loved it and pretty soon asked me if he could take all his clothes off and get in. I said no and he said, then let me just take off my pants real quick. haha. When I said no again, he pitched a fit. His screams of mistreatment really kind of interupted the tranquility of the waterfalls. That's our little streaker...

- I got to see where my mom and dad have been living and working since the beginning of May. My mom works in the General Store a the YMCA selling t-shirts, etc, and my dad works in food service. He spends the day packing up sack lunches for hikers and staff members. Their room is very "cosy."

- Jackson got to see two coyotes the other day when he went on a drive in the national park with my family. We also saw lots of elk, deer, chipmunks, what we thought was a beaver (not sure though), and Mat saw an eagle on one of his hikes. Mother and Becky went looking for bears early one morning, but didn't find any this time.

- We had a nice picnic on the Grand lake side of Trail Ridge Road. And we also had a snowball fight on the way back. There was a lot of snow up there so everything looked different than when we usually go in August. Becky bought a DVD at the Alpine Visitor's Center about climbing Long's Peak, so it was cool to watch that in the car on the way down. We decided it didn't look that hard, so we'll probably try it next time. haha.

- We stopped in Colorado Springs on the way today and had a long lunch with our friends Meredith and John. Mere and I used to work together when they lived in Austin. We always love to hang out with them and catch up. They just adopted a precious baby girl, Aine, in December so it was good to meet her. Luke thought she was pretty cute.

Everybody has been asleep for a long time except me. I'll pay for staying up this late when the boys wake me up early in the morning. :-)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP