Saturday, October 6, 2007

Friday friends

Daniel's mom just had a BEAUTIFUL baby girl named Abigail.



So we invited Daniel to get out of the house and come hang out with us on Friday. Here's a snippet of conversation from the car... Jackson: I wanna be a car. Daniel: No I wanna be a car, and I will win. Jackson: No I will win the Piston Cup. Daniel: Me too. I will win the Piston Cup too. Jackson: No I will win. Daniel: I will be an airplane, and I will win. Jackson: Well I will be a motorcycle. Daniel: You be a motorcycle, and I will be a lion and I will eat you. Lions like to eat meat. Like wildebeests and zebras. Jackson: But I'm going to be an airplane. (You get the idea.)



Of course we went to the park and played with our Cars cars. We stayed for a loooong time and these boys were dirty when we left. That means it was fun.



You gotta eat.



Oh yeah, Lukey was there too.



This was a few minutes before both boys were sound asleep. I dared not take a picture after Jackson fell asleep for fear the magic spell would be broken. I felt like I deserved a prize for getting all three boys down at the same time.



After nap we played with our Cars cars again. Unfortunately both boys wanted to be Mr. The King. We went back and forth with this for awhile, and it was going downhill. I managed to find Jackson's Lightning McQueen car (deserved a prize for that too), and things were fine for awhile.



Then, pretty soon both boys wanted to be Lightning. So we decided to watch a movie.



This is how three-year-old boys watch a movie together. (Don't feel like you have to watch the whole thing.)



This is totally off the subject but the movie "Holiday" was on while I was doing this, and I think that I may have lost a few IQ points just for having watched it. Do not recommend. Curse Netflix for sticking me with it over the weekend.

UPDATE: Mat wants me to point out that it was ME who put the movie on our Netflix list, and I should not act like it was some sort of a computer mistake or something that we got it. And I should apologize for the 2+ hours of our lives that we'll never get back. And my Netflix privileges are going to be suspended for an indefinite amount of time. Let me just say, though, that I expected more of Kate Winslet...but that is no excuse. Deep down, I knew I'd regret it. If I can help just one other person in the world through this post, then maybe the suffering (and permanent brain damage) with all be worthwhile.

2 comments:

jonna

You do deserve serious kudos for all that mommy work...Sure you don't want another one?

Beth Hames

Yes I'm sure.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP