Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tagged about my husband

Okay well, I got tagged by Kim a few weeks ago. I'll admit that I've been putting it off, but I thought this would be a good time to go ahead and do this. Mat is out of town and I know he'll be checking this tonight. I'm sure he will be fairly mortified when he sees the headline. hahahaha.

1. Who is your husband? Mathew Stephen Hames. Legend has it that his dad misspelled Matthew on his birth certificate, hence the one T.
2. How long have you known each other? 13 years
3. How long dated? ~ five years
4. How old is your husband? 36, I know, it's shocking, huh?
5. Who eats more? I think we eat about the same. Mat eats healthier than me, though.
6. Who said "I love you" first? I'm sorry that I don't remember. I don't feel too bad, though, because I'm sure he doesn't remember either. :-) If I had to guess, I would say it was probably Mat who said it first.
7. Who is taller? I'm an inch taller. This is why I don't wear heels. I used too, but I didn't like the way it made me feel. (picture Tom and Katie)
8.Who sings better? Definitely Mat. He is a very good singer, and I'm terrible. I love to sing, though, and he never makes fun of me which is nice.
9. Who is smarter? Interesting question. I think we both have about the same capacity. We're very different, though. He definitely has more knowledge than me. He's interested in a lot of different things and gets really into subjects and learns everything there is to know. He's an encyclopedia when it comes to certain subjects. He can carry on an intelligent conversation about music with anybody from a 20-year-old urban hipster to a 50-year-old soundtrack composer. I think that I tend to catch on to things a little quicker than he does sometimes.
10. Who's temper is worse? My temper is worse, but I get over things really fast.
11. Who does the laundry? We each do our own laundry with the help of Miss Amy.
12. Who takes out the garbage? Whoever remembers to do it. It's about 50/50.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Mat.
14. Who pays the bills? I pay the bills.
15. Who is better with the computer? Mat is better, but we both know a lot about Macs.
16. Who mows the lawn? Mat.
17. Who cooks dinner? We both cook about the same amount. He likes to grill, though, and I don't even know how to turn it on. Also, he likes to cook fun, interesting things like crab legs or roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, while I handle the day-to-day fare like brown food.
18. Who drives when you are together? Mat, because he doesn't like having to deal with the backseat chaos.
19. Who pays when you go out? I do because I'm better at figuring out the tip.
20. Who is most stubborn? Ummm. That's hard because I really don't think either one of us are stubborn at all. He's more opinionated so I guess that kinda counts as stubborn.
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Probably Mat, but I'm trying to work on this.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? It's fairly equal.
23. Who kissed who first? He did.
24. Who asked who out? We were pretty much best friends and hung out all the time from the day we met.
25. Who proposed? I'm so sure!! Mat proposed.
26. Who is more sensitive? I think Mat is actually more sensitive. It probably depends on the topic, though. We get critiqued all the time about things we're working on and that affects Mat a lot, whereas it doesn't really bother me very much. I'm a lot more sensitive about crying at the movies and stuff like that.
27. Who has more friends? Definitely Mat. He's incredibly good about keeping in touch with friends and planning get togethers.
28. Who has more siblings? Me. I have an older brother and sister, and he has a younger sister.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? Definitely Mat. I don't mind letting him make decisions, and I trust his judgement. I think I'm genetically wired to have trouble making decisions, although this is another thing I'm working on. Also, I'm a lot more resistent to change than he is. So every big thing we do as a family is usually instigated by him, but I'm better at implementing and actually getting things done.
30. New question: What is something that most people don't know about your husband? Something bad: His finger nails grow really fast! hahaha It's true! Something good: He lost 35 pounds in 2001 and has never gained it back! Something strange: He frequently puts the DVD of Raiders of the Lost Ark in to help him fall asleep. I've seen the beginning of that movie more times than I care to count.
31. What do you love most about your husband? Let's see....Before the boys, I would have said that I love how FUN Mat is. We used to find things to celebrate every single day. He's very funny, and has always been the life of the party. He draws everybody out, and listens to what you are saying which makes you feel good. And Mat is extremely intuitive about people and situations. Since the boys...I would say my new favorite thing about him is how serious he takes being a father. He never gives less than 110% when it comes to the boys. He is always teaching them something, and thinking about how we can make sure they have every opportunity to be smart and faithful throughout their entire lives.

I tag Andrea?

1 comments:

Andrea

I really loved reading that until I got to the very end.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP