Friday, October 10, 2008

Recent Quotes

I've done "recent quotes" posts a few times for Jackson, but it's been awhile. Now we have two talkative boys saying funny things on a daily basis. Everyday I wish I had all these things videotaped so I could replay them over and over. Here are a few things that I've managed to remember from the past few months.

We sing some of the same songs over and over at night getting ready for bed or on CD's in the car. It's always funny when you realize they have the words wrong. Here are some wrong names for church songs:

Luke: Rainbows and bad guys = Blue Skies and Rainbows
Jackson: Old Rocket Cross = Old Rugged Cross
Luke: Celeshduhshhow = Celestial Shore = I'll Fly Away

Other random quotes:

Luke: What's your name, Jackson?

Luke (crying as I was wiping his nose): Put my boogers back!!

Luke (anytime it' dark outside his bedroom window): It's Halloween out there.

Jackson (listening to the Mama Mia! soundtrack): Mommy, what's a Love Machine?

Luke (last night, talking about our friend's daughter): His name is Abby. Mommy: Abby is a she. Luke: No! I want her to be a him!


Mommy: Luke, how do you spell your name? Luke: 2 years old.
Mommy: What letter does bee start with? Luke: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10.
Mommy: How old are you? Luke: L-U-K-E!


After nap, I always go into Luke's room and say: Good after-NOO-OON! Since he started getting out of his crib in the mornings, occasionally he comes into our room singing: Good after-MORN-NING!


Luke occasionally has nightmares and wakes up screaming for me. :-( Here are some descriptions he's given me when I've come into his room to comfort him:

- I don't like that rattlesnake!
- That man was trying to fight me!
- There's a storm in the parking lot!

Poor guy. I'm sure when the boys wake up from their nap today, they will say more cute things. This is truly a fun time in their lives, and I'm really trying to remember and enjoy all these moments.

3 comments:

simply fabulous

Those are precious!!

twarpula

LOL! Those were priceless. I am always amazed at Luke's knowledge at such a young age. Very impressive!! You sure have some smart boys on your hands.;)

becky

Luke: What's your name, Jackson?

Luke (crying as I was wiping his nose): Put my boogers back!!


These two make me giggle no matter how many times I read them~~

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP