Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tagged about my kids...




I just realized that Julie tagged me the other day. So here goes...

1. How many kids do you have? 2

2. What are their ages? Jackson is 4 1/2 and Luke is 2.

3. What time do you start your day? Luke usually wakes me up around 7:30.

4. What do you eat for breakfast? The boys usually eat yogurt and granola, frozen waffles, fruit, or scrambled eggs. I have just recently switched to a high-protein breakfast rather than cereal. My new staple is Morningstar Farms veggie sausage patty chopped up in a tortilla and sprinkled with a little cheddar cheese. I either have that or veggie sausage and eggs over easy.

5. Do your kids watch TV? Not much. They usually get to watch about 1 or 2 shows a week, and it's always something we've recorded so either Curious George, Word World, or Clifford.

6. What are their favorite activities? They do the usual stuff around the house... playing outside or with toys. Thanks to Jackson's imagination, though, no matter what it is we have to pretend that we're doing something else or it's no fun. For instance if we're swinging in the backyard, we have to pretend we're astronauts blasting off to the moon. If we're playing with cars, then we have to take them in the bathroom and set up a pretend car wash. Most recently they are very into paper airplanes. Mat makes really awesome airplanes that fly really far and do tricks. So we play with them and decorate them. The other thing I do with them the most is read. We end up reading tons of books everyday.

7. Do you get a break during the day for some down time? I do. They take a nap for a couple of hours in the afternoon, and I usually work during that time. Actually, that's not really a break, huh? But I always have an Oprah show on the in background so it's better than physically being at work. Also, going to Lifetime Fitness after nap is my other break.

8. How do you end your day? The boys take a bath or shower, I read to Luke and Mat reads to Jackson, and then they go to bed. Then there's usually a 20-30 minute period of running up and down the stairs responding to emergencies (I want milk! I need to go poop! Can you rub my back! I dropped my papi!) When that's over I either go to workout or if I've already been or don't feel like it, then I take a long bath and read.

9. What is your best parenting advice? You have to pay attention at all times.

I tag Ashley and Jonna!

1 comments:

becky

I never get tired of this picture:)

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP