Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bestest Friends

The boys didn't nap today. It started out pretty quiet upstairs, but eventually I heard lots of tumbling sounds that gradually got louder and louder. I tried to ignore it. Amazingly it went on for close to an hour without anyone crying or getting hurt. Finally both boys came galloping downstairs to find me. Here's a snippet of what was said.

Mommy: What are y'all playing up there?

Luke: We're playing fight and we're kicking and punching each other and fighting with our big tummies. (...he said with glee.) I came in second, but I won and Jackson losed. Do you wanna see how we fight over stuff?

Jackson: Luke, throw your sword on the ground, and we'll punch each other with our powerful bodies.

They are so cute (if extreme violence can be cute??), and I'm so glad they are best friends.

BTW, we're not going to Mexico.

3 comments:

Unknown

Extreme violence is okay if no one gets hurt and everyone has fun. Sounds like they have the powerful tummy play worked out where they can both win, even, and that's pretty diplomatic.

Ashley

Body slams are always better than gunfights, in my opinion, as long as both parties have consented. I love the second place, but I won comment. Oh to have the self-condfidence of a child! Sorry about Mexico.

Murrie

I love reading the stuff about the boys together. It makes me more and more excited to see my boys get that type of relationship.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP