Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Magical Day!

I know it's cheesy. I was trying to think of the most appropriate adjective I could to describe this day, and magical is what I've settled on. It's because this day has been so fun and blessed that only the cheesiest magical adjective would do. We're celebrating Mat's birthday which is next week by spending the weekend out at The Hollows at Mat's dad's house. First, our day started out with biscuits. Now everyone knows that you can't go wrong when you've got biscuits for breakfast. Next, we all got our swimsuits on and got in the car to go to The Beach Club around 10:15. This was the scene when we got in the car.



It was NOT looking good. When we got to the parking lot of the pool it wasn't raining, so we decided to give it a try. The storm clouds were all around us, so I thought we'd have to pack up and leave any minute.



But actually, it never rained. In fact, it was down right sunny for two and a half hours. We stayed until the boys were worn out and then went back to the house for lunch and naps whereupon, guess what, it started raining. So we all four slept for at least a solid hour which is unheard of and has never before happened ever. Magical. Does it make me a bad mom that sometimes I think there is nothing better than two worn out, sleeping little boys? I don't think so because it usually means we've had some serious fun.

So after the short but sweet nap we hung out on the deck and watched the rain for awhile. It was very peaceful and relaxing. Even though it was still raining, we decided to test the magical day theory and go back to The Beach Club. Sure enough we were able to swim for another couple of hours.





As you can see the rain threatened all day, but it stayed away from the pool. Mat and I took turns working out in the exercise room so we wouldn't feel as bad about the damage we were about to do at dinner. (Actually Mat ate healthy, and Jackson and I shared a burger with each other and some persistent flies.)

One more thing...as usual Mat and I were engrossed in a conversation about what we're working on during dinner. This time the topic was related to energy problems and finding an alternative to coal. I can't imagine why, but Jackson became bored with all that and interrupted by sticking his rolled up kid's menu in Mat's face and saying, "Here! I have a message from the Lord!" haha. I'm not sure if he learned that in Sunday school or from Veggie Tales, but it was funny.

So now, once again we have two extremely tired little boys on our hands. I'm sure they will magically fall asleep without disturbing each other and stay that way for twelve solid hours.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP