Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday out for dinner

It is a rare occasion when I can get it together enough to make dinner on a Monday night. Usually, we've eaten up all the food over the weekend, and it's my busiest day at work. Tonight we went to my *new* favorite Mexican food restaurant, Polvo's. Well, actually my favorite is still El Chile, but Polvo's is my favorite south of the river. Anyway, Mister Baby was ready to eat the second we got there, so I had to entertain him for a good 15 or 20 minutes until our food arrived. I pulled out my trusty bottle of Aleve that I keep in my purse. The bottle of Aleve and my sunglasses are my go-to toys in a pinch. Mat started teasing me when he saw the Aleve come out of the purse again. "You know, other mothers have this little thing called a diaper bag that they bring out with them packed up with carefully selected toys and crackers and pacifiers and things that babies need."

It's true. I am always making toy mufflers out of straws, and checking to make sure my lip gloss and sunglasses and Aleve are back in my purse when it's time to go. Oh well. Maybe I don't always have my act together in the Mom Department. The boys usually get what they need, though.

Here are a few pictures we took at dinner as I was trying to entertain Luke with the digital camera.



2 comments:

jonna

You always crack me up...And I think using everyday items as toys is brilliant - it teaches ingenuity and creativity! It's cheaper, easier, and much more fun!

becky

I need to get my hands on them!!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP