Friday, August 24, 2007

Fun Friday

Jackson and I had a rough day yesterday. By bedtime I was wondering if he was actually trying to get me to put him up for adoption, and he was probably wondering who replaced Mommy with her twin sister Meany. Jackson just needs constant attention. I can't relate to that really, because I've always been the type of person that likes to be alone and spend quiet time by myself. If you try to let Jackson play by himself he will be loud, destructive, disobedient, noncompliant, and argumentative, bordering on demonic.

I was trying to get too much done yesterday - returning work emails, cleaning, cooking, etc - and it didn't help that Mister Baby hasn't slept all week. So after saying a lot of little prayers throughout the day for patience and one big prayer last night that today would be better (especially since Mat is out of town), we started fresh with a clean slate this morning. I realized that I might as well get a babysitter for them on my days off if I'm just going to focus on my own agenda anyway. So today was all about the boys. No work, chores, errands, email, or phone calls while they were awake. Here's what we did...

First stop was Deep Eddy. I was little worried that none of us would like the cold water, but it was actually great. They even played calmly on the towel during rest times.





I can never take a good picture of Luke from the front when we're outside. His eyes are so sensitive to the light that he won't look up at me. Here's proof that he was there too.



After lunch Jackson went down for a nap without making a scene which happens about once a month. I decided to reward the boys afterwards by mowing. I even blew off the deck. This picture is for my Daddy who is always amazed that I do stuff like this now sometimes. We won't be making it a habit, though, don't worry.

(I will admit that the mowing pic was staged. Out of the ten or so attempts that we made at taking it, this was the one where Jackson framed it up with my head in the shot.)



You may think mowing and blowing qualify as chores, but at our house it's entertainment - kinda like going to the movies or something.



I made one of Jackson's favorite meals for dinner which I like to call Brown Food. It's basically taco salad without all those pesky red and green vegetables. Hence the color and the name.



Popsicles and Mary Poppins for dessert.




And then books and bed. It was a much better day today, an answered prayer.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP