Thursday, August 30, 2007

New Funny Quotes from Jack-Jack

The other day Jackson said, "Mommy you and me should get married." I said. "Okay but what about Daddy?" He said, "He can be the audience."

You know in Finding Nemo when Marlin says to Nemo, "Hold my fin, hold my fin!" instead of hold my hand? Jackson and I used to always say that to each other when crossing the street. Now he's taken to saying, "Hold my tire, hold my tire!" He also calls his shoes tires, and says he's getting a new paint job when he changes clothes.

Mat taught Jackson the lyrics to this hilarious Flight of the Conchords song, and he's been going around saying, "Baguette! Huh huh huh!" (with a French accent) You kinda have to be there for that one.

Yesterday Jackson came to work with us. We were shooting out in the middle of this soccer field and our grip Chris asked Mat, "Can I get you an apple box to sit on?" (Apple boxes are these wooden boxes that the lighting crew has in different sizes that are used for many things including sitting on when you're in the middle of a field.) Mat said, "No thanks." But a couple of seconds later Jackson goes "I'd like an apple box to sit on pwease" as if we were all there to cater to his every need. haha

Jackson is so into books that he actually talks like a book. For example he peppers his conversations with expressions like "Suddenly, Daddy came downstairs." or "I was so surprised that I bounded out of my chair with a start." I'm not kidding. You really have to be around him all the time to pick up on it. I'm convinced he'll be a great writer someday. This morning I told him that over breakfast, and he reminded me that he was going to be an astronaut. I said that's great, but if it doesn't work out you can always write science fiction novels.

At breakfast the other day Jackson asked me where strangers lived. I said: They could live anywhere. Strangers are just people we don't know. Jackson: So they're not bad? Beth: Welllll...not necessarily. I mean, they might be just like you or me, but we just don't know them. Jackson: So a stranger could be a kid like me? Beth: Sure. Jackson: So they're good? Beth: They might be. Jackson: So strangers used to be bad but now they're good? Beth (getting frustrated): No, I didn't say that. They could be bad. Jackson: But where do they live? In the woods? Beth: Yes, they might live in the woods. Jackson: Behind our house? Beth: No. No one lives behind our house, but if they did they would be strangers. Jackson: So nice people like us might live in the woods behind our house? Beth: No. Just don't talk to strangers, okay? Jackson: Okay.

And Nana he's been talking all day today about coming to your house this weekend and eating sausage and scrambled eggs, going fishing, and riding Big Poppa's tractor.

3 comments:

donicelynn

Speech writer? Politician?

jonna

I love this kid...his subtle humor always makes me laugh (just not out loud - I know what that does)! You definetly have your hands full for the future!

P.S. His mommy is funny, too!)

CM

Your boy is going to be very successful at something creative when he's older. He cracks me up - thanks for sharing! (I'm still laughing at the conversation about strangers)

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP