Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Birthday Quiz

Little Lukey will be 18 months old tomorrow, January 13th. He is such a sweet boy. All of his teachers and babysitters say the same thing, "He is the easiest baby!" It's true. He's very laid back usually, but he does have a very strong independent streak. He likes certain things done his way and if you refuse he gets mad at you personally. For instance one morning I left him in his crib for a few minutes after he woke up because I was trying to finish up sending an email or something. When I finally went in, he was very mad at me. He wouldn't let me pick him up and basically ignored me or fussed at me all day long. I learned my lesson.

He likes to shake his head up and down and say yes. Jackson always shook his head no, so this is a welcome change. He always runs to me and holds onto my legs when he hears a siren. He loves sweets and pizza. He copies everything Jackson does. We have always called him "Baby Giant" because anytime Jackson is playing with something on the floor he comes over and messes it all up like a giant walking around. He loves to fall asleep. In fact he loves falling asleep so much that he liked to do it several times a night up until a month or so ago.

Luke is a big cuddler. He usually loves to be held, and he will pat or rub me while I'm holding him sometimes which makes my heart melt. He loves his little elephant pillow and has to take it with him every morning when he gets out of bed. He's working on a serious mullet, but that's not his fault. We'll get his hair cut eventually, but I just like it long right now. He makes you work pretty hard for a smile, and just forget about it if you're trying to take his picture. But he loves to be tickled and will laugh really hard and then grab your hand to make you keep doing it.

Luke is also very talkative like his big brother. I stopped counting his words awhile back because he's so big on mimicking that he can (and will) say pretty much anything. The other day Mat taught him to say "Five-Oh" after we finished a weeklong marathon of watching Season Four of "The Wire." For those of you who aren't familiar with the show, five-oh is what the drug dealers yell out to each other when one of them spots a cop. We thought it was pretty funny coming from a one-year-old. Hopefully it's not child abuse to use him for our amusement like that.

I think Luke can probably say more than Jackson did at this age, but he isn't quite as clear. Most people probably couldn't understand him, but we do and that brings me to my quiz. Here are 18 of Luke's words to commemorate his 18 month birthday. See if you can tell what they mean. (Answers are listed after the photo.)

1. Mo-chee-yos
2. Te-da
3. Op-joose
4. Go-beffist
5. Dite-co
6. Oje
7. Pip
8. Pap
9. Muck
10. Hode-ee
11. Ope-ee
12. Eh-pane
13. Pee-wo
14. Nana (with tongue twirl)
15. Boo-teee
16. Boke-ee
17. I-kee
18. Yo-yoo




I wish I could type these answers upside-down like in a magazine. :-)

1. More Cheerios
2. Tortilla
3. Apple juice
4. Go to breakfast (as he's pushing me out of the bed, literally)
5. Diet Coke
6. Orange
7. Chip
8. Paci
9. Milk (calls everything milk)
10. Hold it
11. Open it
12. Airplane
13. Pillow
14. Banana
15. Booty (for Pirate's Booty, he loves it!)
16. Broke it
17. Ice cream
18. Love you

4 comments:

JessBless

Fun game!!!! Got only about 1/3 of them. This list will be a fun memory to have for him. You are very blessed and both of your boys are a true joy!!!

becky

Awww! Happy Birthday sweet baby Luke!

LJ

That was a great list and was fun to decifer his words (I only got about 6 right though). I can't wait until K starts saying words in context. Happy 1/2 Bday Luke!

Andrea

Figures he says diet coke!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP