Monday, January 21, 2008

General Update

Sometimes I click on my blog and think, "So lame. Why doesn't she update this boring blog?" Then I realize it's mine, and I have one more thing to add to my to-do list. Here's what's been going on with us in a nutshell. Jackson has been sick since Wednesday. His fever is gone today but he's still snotty and coughing. The whole "no cold medicine for little kids-thing" has been a pain. So we've just kept the humidifiers going and have been doing Vick's Vapor Rub and cough drops and usually one dose of medicine at night so he can get to sleep.

We cleaned out the garage (AGAIN!) this weekend. Are we the only people who have to clean out our garage like 5 times a year!?! It seems like a constant battle. Anyway, we are parking both cars in there again, so I consider it a successful project. We also went to see "There Will Be Blood" this weekend. It was a pretty amazing movie and Daniel Day Lewis deserves an Oscar for sure. But it wasn't exactly the feel-good-movie-of-the-year or anything as you could probably gather from the title.

Luke isn't allowed to have chocolate again until he moves out of our house when he's 18. He was wide awake and up until about 12:30 the other night, and then woke up again for a little while around 3:30. He's done this several times, and I think I've pinpointed chocolate as the culprit. So he'll be driving before he gets any chocolate from me again. Other than that he's totally cute and sweet. (The mullet is still coming along fine. The other night when our church group was at our house he happened to be wearing a muscle shirt which went nicely with the mullet. Ben Murrie was inspired to start singing "Pour Some Sugar on Me!!" to him. For everyone over the age of 50 that probably doesn't make any sense, but for those of us who remember Def Leppard, it was oddly appropriate.)



We're fairly busy at work with several interesting projects. Our friends at the LAF will be sending us on lots of trips coming up. I'm sure I'll write more about this later, but between now and May we will be traveling to New Orleans, New York, LA, Boston, DC, Mexico City, Paris, Rome, Moscow, and New Dehli. This is what we've spent the day planning and working on today. Mat and I won't be on all those trips personally, but we are planning to split up the international trips where he'll go on half and I'll take the other half. If it works out we'll meet in the middle somewhere (hopefully Italy) for a few days off.

I don't have any good pictures or videos of the boys to share. So I decided to post this really cool commercial instead. Enjoy...

7 comments:

LJ

thoughts: (1) Can you tuck me away in your carry-on for some of that travel? Sounds like fun! (2) I just shared that Def Leppard song with my little sis - age15 - and she loved it! (3) I'm glad I watched the commercial all the way to the end. Kind of weird and interesting at the same time, but definitely a great ending! (4) More cute pics of your boys please!

CM

Oh my goodness that commercial was disturbing and so on target. Wow.

OK, now I am certain that you and Mat have the coolest jobs EVER and I will just content myself to read/hear about your adventures since I think we won't be going on any of our own in the near future.

Take lots of pictures to share with your friends in TX!

Andrea

I'm so excited for you that you get to travel to such great places over the next few months! Your life is sounding way cooler than mine. Enjoy!

Beth Hames

Unfortunately the trips are all short and filled with work (and probably in some cases stomach problems), so it's not as great as it sounds. But it is nice to see places when somebody else is paying for it!

twarpula

Beth, sounds like tons of fun. You guys do have the coolest jobs ever!! So since we all have to "live through you" please take pictures of the places we will never see! LOL!!
Love the Def Leppard pic. That was too funny. Poor Lukey...

becky

Are y'all hiring? I know what bricks are!

jonna

I thought we were the only ones who had the multi-annual garage restacking (as we like to call it). As always, if it weren't too ackward, I would be one of your groupies - it all sounds fun, glamorous, and high in adventure!

And wow on that commercial! I would love to say that we don't have to worry about all that because we have boys, but that would be a huge mistake. They see all those images, too, and may come to expect their "women" to maintain those same standards! Yikes, we have a big job ahead of us as parents!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP