Sunday, January 27, 2008

What I Learned in Preschool

Last week I spent Thursday morning in preschool. I completed one of my two required volunteer days at Jackson and Luke's school. They needed a helper in one of the four-year-old classes and here's what I learned.

1. Four-year-olds say things like yes, okay, alright, and sure.

2. Four-year-old boys like to play with knights, and the girls like to play with Barbies.

3. Four-year-old boys know about Darth Maul.

4. These four-year-olds did not mind picking up the toys, and they ran around shouting "emergency, emergency!" the entire time they were doing it. I might try to figure out how to institute this emergency clean-up routine at home.

5. In preschool, cliques have already started forming.

6. Some parents are not afraid to drive through McDonald's and get their kids a McGriddle and chocolate milk to eat for lunch. (I have often thought this would be so easy and fast, but I've never given in to the urge because I was sure the teachers would think I was the ultimate slacker.)

7. The teachers don't really care what the kids have for lunch.

8. I should always remember to send something for Jackson for show-and-tell. It seemed like such a confidence booster for the kids to get to present their thing to the class, and the kids who didn't have anything seemed kinda sad.

9. I think the kids would have been just as happy doing more writing and schoolwork and less playing. I'm just saying...

10. I can be on time if I really try.

1 comments:

jonna

What a great lesson you learned while peeking into Jackson's life all at the same time. Makes you somehow feel like you aren't all alone in this motherhood thing, huh?

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist C' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP